Sarah is the award-winning author of eleven books, numerous curricula and articles, and a contributing writer for several other books. She’s currently working on a YA novel. Scroll down for a list of her titles (in order of publication), visit the drop-down menu under Writing above, or visit the Shop page for signed copies. You can also stop by Sarah Arthur’s author pages on Amazon and Goodreads.
- The Year of Small Things: Radical Faith for the Rest of Us, Brazos Press, January 2017. Co-authored with friend & colleague Erin Wasinger.
- Between Midnight & Dawn: A Literary Guide to Prayer for Lent, Holy Week, and Eastertide. Paraclete Press, January 2016.
- Light Upon Light: A Literary Guide to Prayer for Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany. Paraclete Press, October 2014.
- Mommy Time: 90 Devotions for New Moms. Tyndale House Publishers, April, 2013. Available in hardcover and e-book editions.
- At the Still Point: A Literary Guide to Prayer in Ordinary Time. Paraclete Press, April 2011.
- Contributing writer, Generation Rising: A Future With Hope for the United Methodist Church. Abingdon Press, April 2011. Edited by Andrew Thompson.
- The One Year Coffee With God (Tyndale House Publishers): it’s The One Year Daily Grind with a face lift to reach a new readership. Jan. 2012.
- Contributing writer, Shaped by God: Twelve Essentials for Nurturing Faith in Children, Youth, and Adults. Faith Alive Christian Resources, 2010. Edited by Robert J. Keeley.
- The God-Hungry Imagination: The Art of Storytelling for Postmodern Youth Ministry. Upper Room Books, 2007.
- The One Year Daily Grind. Tyndale House Publishers, 2007.
- Dating Mr. Darcy: The Smart Girl’s Guide to Sensible Romance. thirsty?/Tyndale, 2005.
- Walking through the Wardrobe: A Devotional Quest into The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. thirsty?/Tyndale, 2005. Now officially out of print, although Sarah still has some limited signed editions available through her Shop page.
- Walking with Bilbo: A Devotional Adventure through The Hobbit. thirsty?/Tyndale, 2005.
- Walking with Frodo: A Devotional Journey through The Lord of the Rings. thirsty?/Tyndale, 2003.
- Contributing writer, Young Believer Case Files. Tyndale House Publishers, 2003. Edited by Stephen Arterburn.
Some of Sarah’s resources on writing/publishing:
- Top 10 Tips for Getting it Done
- On Becoming a Published Writer
- Honoring Your Passion to Write
- Writing Well in a Season of Lament
- Top Occupational Hazards of Freelancing From Home
- Top Ten Tips on Revising/Editing
- Interview on the podcast “Behind the Curtain” with Noah Filipiak on how she got published, that scary word “platform,” and spiritual healthy ways of measuring success.
Articles & Other Miscellany:
- Sarah serves as the preliminary fiction judge for the Christianity Today Book Awards, for which she wrote the popular article “I’m on the Lookout for the Next Great Christian Novel.”
- She blogs with her friend and co-author, Erin Wasinger, over at www.yearofsmallthings.com, including the article “Why [our book] is not called The Year of Safe Things.”
- Sarah’s articles have appeared in Christianity Today, CT online, IMAGE journal online, The Redbud Post, the Center for Youth Ministry Training, RELEVANT magazine, DEVO’ZINE, IMMERSE journal, GOOD NEWS, and SILVER LEAVES (a Tolkien journal), among other publications. She has been a contributor, with other scholars and authors, to HarperOne’s official C. S. Lewis blog.
- She has also served as a consultant for HarperOne’s C. S. Lewis Bible.
- Once upon a time she published some poetry, most notably in The Penwood Review.
- Contributing writer and reviewer for Cokesbury’s Credo confirmation curriculum, specifically Credo Faith Formation for Older Youth and Young Adults.
- Contributing writer, Holy Things for Youth Ministry: 13 Practical Sessions. The Pilgrim Press, 2010. Edited by Brian Hardesty-Crouch.
- Contributing writer, Claim the Life: STORY high school Sunday school curriculum. Abingdon Youth, 2008.
- Co-author, The C. S. Lewis Writing Workshop, a free resource of Narnia-inspired prompts and projects for grades 5-10, distributed by the C. S. Lewis Festival.
- Prayer: Living in God’s Power and Presence, a 20/30 Bible study for young adults. Abingdon Press, 2004.
- Thinking Theologically About Money high school Sunday school curriculum. Abingdon Press, 2004. (Now out of print.)
- Thinking Theologically About Pop Culture high school Sunday school curriculum. Abingdon Press, 2003. (Now out of print.)
- Contributing writer, Claim the Name: Retreats for Continuing the Journey, part of Cokesbury’s 2000 confirmation curriculum.
Honors & Awards:
- Walking with Frodo was the #1 bestselling youth resource in Christian publishing for the holiday season 2003, and #13 in all categories. It sold over 80,000 copies and was translated into German for international markets.
- Walking with Bilbo won the Logos Book Award at the Christian Booksellers Convention for Best Youth Book 2005.
- Walking through the Wardrobe was selected as an official church resource by Outreach, Inc. for the 2005 Narnia film.
- Sarah’s article “When Words Fail” (DEVO’ZINE, Jan/Feb 2007) won the award for Devotional/Inspirational/Short Format at the 2008 Associated Church Press Conference.
Promotional video for the Credo Confirmation resources from Cokesbury: