Sarah is a fun-loving speaker for retreats, conferences, seminars, webinars, workshops, and classes on a range of topics, including writing & publishing, new monasticism & radical hospitality, youth ministry, women’s issues, the devotional life, and spiritual formation. [She could probably invent some other topic for you, in case that sounds too narrow (!).]
To inquire into Sarah’s availability and fees, please fill out this form.
“Sarah’s presentation was the kick in the pants I needed to actually get my writing done.”
– Rachel Held Evans, NY Times bestselling author & new mom, on Sarah’s Writing For Your Life webinar presentation “Top Ten Tips for Getting It Done”
“Sarah gave me some fantastic direction and feedback that helped launch my own writing career.”
– Phylicia Masonheimer, author.
Regular presenter for the Writing For Your Life webinars and conferences.
- Seminar faculty and writer-in-residence leading Advanced Writers Workshops for the Frederick Buechner Writer’s Workshop at Princeton Theological Seminary. Keynotes have included Barbara Brown Taylor, Rachel Held Evans, Philip Yancey, and Kathleen Norris.
- Keynote speaker and workshop leader for various women’s retreats and events around the country.
- Theologian-in-residence and workshop leader for youth ministry training events with Princeton Theological Seminary, Duke Divinity School, Union Presbyterian Seminary, United Church of Canada, Moravian Church in America, and the Grand Traverse and Lansing districts of the United Methodist Church.
- Festival Circle leader for the Festival of Faith and Writing at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI, 2010-present.
- Workshop presenter & panel participant for the Calvin College Worship Symposium.
Regular speaker and panel moderator for the annual C. S. Lewis Festival in Northern Michigan on topics ranging from the friendship of Lewis & Tolkien to Lewis and gender issues.
- Seminar leader, National Youth Workers Convention 2008; Nashville, TN.
- Keynote speaker and workshop leader for various youth and college events, including with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, the Wesley Fellowship at Grand Valley State University, the Yellowstone Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church; the Presbytery of West Michigan; the Lansing District UMC; Presbytery of East Tennessee; Heartland Church, Indianapolis IN; Burlington (NC) District UMC; and the Southeast Jurisdiction of the UMC.
- Workshop leader, SoulFeast 2008 (General Board of Discipleship retreat) at Lake Junaluska, NC.
- Artist-in-residence leading creative writing workshops, Duke Youth Academy 2006-2007; Duke University Divinity School, Durham, NC.
- Guest speaker at various secondary schools and colleges, including Great Lakes Christian College, Lansing Christian School, Mount St. Joseph Academy (PA), and North Central Michigan College.